Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I admit it... I am a Shoe Whore!

SHOES!!!!




 There was no way I could have a blog and not mention the one thing that always makes me happy! (well besides my kids and husband and all that other stuff)  SHOES!!!! Just the word alone is enough to make me smile from ear to ear and send shivers down my spine. There is something about the way heels make a woman's leg and calf look,  oh so sexy! and your walk instantly changes, you exude confidence and sexiness. The most romantic and sexy thing my husband can ever say to me is "Baby, lets take you shoe shopping today" and that's enough to guarantee him some nookie everyday for a month no questions asked, (you hear that babe??? that's all it takes!). I guess some people may call me a shoe whore, although the word "whore" implies something dirty or wrong or illegal and my love for shoes is anything but wrong, it is.... Oh soooo right! So I am going to call myself a "Shoe Enthusiast" instead. 

From the minute I walk into a shoe store its like I can hear the angels sing and all is right in the world. I walk around till I find that one pair that makes my heart beat a little faster, my palms get sweaty and my mouth salivate and I think to myself "where have you been all my life?" I don't care what the price is, I NEED them, I will starve for the next month just to justify this one purchase. Then comes the best part,  time to try them on. I open the box and take the first shoe out and remove the paper from the inside and put my foot in it, sometimes I am so excited and dying to stand up and look in the mirror that my hands are shaking and I have trouble putting them on. I'm like a drug addict about to get their fix. Finally, once I have them on I stand up and walk carefully to the mirror and there it is the most beautiful site, I'll take them! My heart screams and dances for joy! I want to dance all the way to the register, its so hard to pick just one pair sometimes, its like all the pretty shoes are begging me to give them a good home. I sometimes leave the shoe store feeling sad for all of the other shoes and I pray they will be loved by the person who buys them, just as much as I love them.

Now that you get the depth of my shoe addiction, lets face it, I am NOT Sarah Jessica Parker and I do NOT have Christian Louboutin or Jimmy Choo money...sadly. I have real bills and the children and husband can't eat shoes for dinner or can they.......hmmmmm??? and no matter how many times I call the bank and explain to them that I can't make my car payment on time this month because I desperately needed another pair of open toe black platform shoes, that heffer on the phone will never understand. I bet she wears boat shoes or loafers or some other practical unattractive grandma looking shoe, no offense to anyone who does where practical shoes, I am just one of those people that is willing to sacrifice comfort any day for style. I will walk in 5 inch heels with a blister the size of Rhode Island all day long if I have to, I know its a disease.... Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I tend to get sidetracked when I discuss my one true love. 


I have found ways here and there to keep my pockets happy, my family fed and best of all my shoe addiction going. 


here are some sites that all you fellow Shoe Whores or should I say fellow Shoe Enthusiasts on a budget might enjoy ;)


First is: shoedazzle.com
A lot of you have probably already heard of them they are all over Facebook. I love them because every month you get your very own list of shoes to choose from based on your style preference, (you fill out a short survey when you first sign up.) You can pick from the shoes they send you or you can pass and they send you a new list or you can also choose to skip that month if there isn't anything you like or your pockets just aren't right that month. The cost is $39.95 per month for a pair of shoes. It's pretty cool because you get a nice little package every month just for you. 

Next is: 10dollarmall.com
This site is cool everything is $10 bucks or less, you can't beat that with a bat! Although not all the shoes are fabulous they do have some cute ones to choose from and the selection isn't very big, you just have to keep checking in for new styles. They also sell clothes, $10 bucks or less! 

3rd is an obvious site: EBAY
yes, Ebay! A while back I bought a great pair of boots for just a penny on Ebay. I got so many compliments on those boots, I wore them to the ground. 

4th is Amazon.com
Amazon has a EVERYTHING you could ever want or need including shoes. You have to do a bit of searching and weeding out but its worth it. I love amazon.com.

And last but not least: Three of my favorite sites for both sexy clothes and shoes
amiclubwear.com flirtcatalog.com and hotmiamistyles.com I especially love hot Miami styles clothes and accessories as well. 






Thanks for reading and Happy Frugal Shopping!


A~










4 comments:

  1. Shoes are fine but the sites you provided do they have boots? Have been searching like forever for a pair of white, gold, grey etc. Boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cuzzo! Yes these sites have boots too. I probably should have been more specific, When I speak of shoes I mean boots as well. I know for a fact the last three sites which happen to be my favorites have boots. Shoedazzle also has great boots as well...Good Luck!

    A~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl.....I'm gonna get in so much trouble on these sites....I'm already at the point where I need a room just for my shoe boxes. Cerrone move on over, cause more shoes are moving in. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, thats how I feel too Mel! although my addiction has gotten to the point where sometimes I just go on these sites and add all kinds of shoes and boots to my cart and never actually check out. I just makes me feel good to atleast pretend to buy them....SMH LOL

    ReplyDelete