Thursday, December 22, 2011

Make Me Up before I go go.....

Make up!!!

  I Love me some make up....Recently I have been Obsessed and I mean Obsessed with watching random YouTube videos about the fine art of applying make up and I realized all these years I have been doing it all wrong!! They talk about primer, contouring, highlighting I was like WTF does any of that mean??? Am I working on painting my face or a school art project?


Is this how I have been walking around all these years??? Why didn't someone tell me????



  After watching a few videos I was like, I need to buy me some real make up none of this Walgreen's Wet n Wild,  NYC crap. I need to contour and highlight my face to make it look skinny. See, I have a fat face and no matter how much weight I lose I look like a big round tomato, I remember when I was little people used to always pinch my cheeks I hated it. I  also need to bronze up and I want a smokey eye without looking like a raccoon Damn it!


  I looked into buying MAC because MAC make up is the best right??? Well let me tell you they can keep their MAC make up, in my house MAC is wack (not really, I just like how it sounds).The prices on those are ridiculous though!!! Sephora can join MAC.... There is no way my husband will fall for me saying I need to spend $100 on tube of mascara and some lip gloss. He will revoke all my shopping privileges immediately Forever!!!


  So, I took to the Internet searching and stumbled upon E.L.F (stands for eyes, lips, face) and let me tell you their make up is all under $10 with most items costing $1.00-$5.00!!! Now, I know what your thinking, will it make my face break out, or worse yet will it make my face melt off??? Ok, it is no MAC make up not that I have ever tried MAC, and if it were to be on sale somewhere you better believe I will be right on the MAC boat having a big ol' MAC attack...(sorry, I'll try to keep the MAC jokes under control...lol). No, it will not make your face melt off and as far as breaking out, I haven't had any issues with mine they say its hypoallergenic and I did some research on it and it has very good reviews from  the very trustworthy people on YouTube. 


  I ordered, some make up brushes from E.L.F, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, false eyelashes and of course a contouring set just to start me off. The brushes are great, love them, the bronzer is good, only problem I have with it is that its a bit shimmery not to crazy about that, love the little eyeshadow palate I got, it has quite a bit of colors and I think it was only $6 or something like that. The one thing I had a problem with was the false eyelashes, the glue sucked! I am not sure if it was just the one I got but the glue was dried up... I was so disappointed I was so looking forward to finally trying out some falsies, good thing I only paid $1 for them. 


  Overall I like their products, and I placed a second order. They also have mineral make up which I am dying to try, it costs more, but it is still under $10.

Here is the link to the E.L.F website




Below is a handy video on how to contour and highlight your face for those of you with plump cheeks like me!


Thanks for reading and stay Fabulous!


A~













No comments:

Post a Comment