Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mi Mami's Coquito Recipe....Buen Provecho!

For us Latinos nothing says Holiday's like some good old fashion Puerto Rican Coquito!!


Here is my mom's Coquito recipe, I have modified it a little bit to my taste. Also, this recipe makes about 2 liters. I know that's a whole lotta Coquito right?! I like it because before I add the rum I put some into a separate bottle for my boys, and stick it in the fridge,  they absolutely love it. I also like to make one batch that will last me a few days. The thing with Coquito is the longer it is in the fridge the better it tastes.

2 or 3 cans of cream of coconut (coco lopez)
6 egg yolks
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 12oz cans of evaporated milk
1 14 oz can of condensed milk
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ground nutmeg
Bacardi White Rum to taste

Mix together in a blender, chill overnight or longer.

*add some water to this if it seems to be too thick or too sweet for your taste

Enjoy!



Thanks for reading!!

A~




3 comments:

  1. Thanx girl I love coquito and always have to find a friend that makes lol. Thanx for the tip keep them coming : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur welcome ladies and thank u so much for reading!!! @Yulanda, I WISH I was living large!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anyone have the more traditional & old fashion recipe that's made with real coconut????

    ReplyDelete