Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Rapunzel ain't got nothin' on me!






 I was always under the impression that extensions were for people without hair or with unmanageable hair.  Then a few months ago while watching one of the many many realities shows I watch, I realized everyone was wearing clip on extensions. That's when I started to notice people who you would never think needed them were wearing them. I told myself to file this in my mind for when I go bald (see previous blog entry "I think I'm going bald") and I went about my business. I thought my hair is too long for me to need those.

  Fast Forward to November 2011, I wanted to get layers so I asked my mother-in-law to give me a cut and to cut my ends, well my ends were really bad, so to make the long story short she cut about 6 inches off my hair. Not her fault at all, my hair needed it, but it was still a shock. My hair, although thinning in certain spots has always been long and fabulous. I feel naked without my hair, sad but true. That's when I remembered HAIR EXTENSIONS! what better time to try it?? So, I did some research and found a website which had good reviews, PLUS, the best part.... they have FREE overnight shipping, yes people I said FREE OVERNIGHT shipping!!! BOOYAH! sorry, I love free stuff....so anyway, I looked through the options, who knew hair was so darn expensive? sheesh! I went ahead and placed an order for 20 inch jet black human hair extensions, they cost me $99, I nearly cried while entering my credit card info.

 The next morning at about 9am the UPS man was at my door with my new hair!!! Yay! I couldn't wait to try them on. I opened that package and was extremely impressed with the quality of the hair.   I watched video upon video of how to style them, wash them, put them on...So, I went to town, I even bought myself a new curling iron.

 Let me tell you, I was an addict from the first moment I wore them. Not only did my hair look FABULOUS, they felt so real and my hair looked so full. OMG, I am an Extension Fanatic now. Even when my hair grows back to its previous length I will continue to wear them because I just love the  look and feel of them especially when you are going out and want sexy Kim Kardashian type hair. I also love the option of wearing them or not wearing them whenever I feel like it.

 Since I purchased them I have gotten so many compliments on my hair and I have told a few people about how fabulous they are, including my mom, who also happens to be my BFF and she went out and bought some the next day, lol. However, she went to a beauty supply and got some there, I do not recommend doing this, even though they are less expensive, a lot of times the hair quality isn't very good. My mom had to trim the ends of the ones she got because they looked a little frizzy and dry. Another thing I noticed about beauty supply extensions is that a lot of times it is hard to find anything longer than 18 inches.

 I've received a ton of discount coupons via email from the company I purchased them from and you better believe I will be making another purchase very soon, I think I may go for the 24 inch extensions next time... Woohoo!

The website where I ordered my Fabulous hair from is proextensions.com


And here are 2 helpful hair extension videos...

This first one is about how to clip on your extensions...



This next one is on how to curl them, the girl is highly annoying but her hair looks totally Fab!






Thanks for reading!
A~


No comments:

Post a Comment