Thursday, December 22, 2011

You lost your glasses, Again?????!!!!!

My 11 year old son is going to drive me completely insane one of these days!!



  If I start to list all of the things he loses or misplaces we will be here for a few days. Today, I am going to discuss one of the items that he loses or breaks without fail every 1-3 months....His glasses! But, before I get into the whole story, let me fill you in a little bit on my son's personality and behavior so you can better understand where I am coming from and maybe even feel my pain....

  My son Junior.....oh boy, where do I start??? Here goes, Junior is........He is extremely smart, sometimes I think he may be too smart for his own good, teachers tend to agree with me on that. His mind is constantly going in 10 different directions at the same time. Which I find hilarious and frustrating because if you ask him to do something in the middle of him doing something else it completely throws him for a loop and he just gets totally confused. For example, if he is on his way to pour himself a cup of juice and you say "Hey, can you shut off that light on your way and pick up that shoe?", he just loses it and looks like he is a deer in headlights. No multi tasking for this kid....ever, no way! The reason why he is this way,  I have discovered is because his gears are always grinding. What we don't realize is he may be on his way to pour himself a cup of juice but in his mind he is thinking of that book he is in the middle of reading or how to finish that level he is on in his game or even some useless new factoid he discovered (we call him the king of useless facts...and let me tell you he has millions of them).

  I find it incredibly entertaining that 2 children with the same parents raised exactly the same way can be so completely different. Junior is always thinking and rushing through things so that he can move on to the next thing, Speedy Gonzalez. His 6 year old brother couldn't be any more different, he has trouble finishing his class work because his letters have to be perfect, so he takes FOOOREVER to finish his work and gets highly upset when he makes mistakes, he is a true perfectionist. 

  OK, so with that said lets get back to the topic; Junior and his glasses....it is the bain of my existence!!! He shoves them in his pants pocket without a case and these aren't just any pants NO WAY these are extremely tight skinny jeans, so those poor glasses have no choice but to break from the tightness, they are suffocated in those tight jeans. He leaves them everywhere and its not just glasses, its everything...the other day I got a call from the YMCA saying they found his phone....again, UGH!!! But lets talk about one thing at a time, back to the glasses... 

  About a year ago I put my foot down and  decided that I will no longer spend an arm and a leg for glasses that will be lost or broken before I know it. That is when I started searching the Internet and stumbled upon one of my very best finds to date! A website that offers very inexpensive glasses, some under $10! All you have to do is have your prescription handy, you pick out the glasses you want and enter in your prescription information and Voila, in a few weeks you have new glasses! I tend to order 2 or 3 pairs at a time just because we always need a back up pair with this kid. They are really stylish too, Junior gets compliments all the time on his glasses. Best of all they have glasses for the whole family! So why not grab yourself a cute pair of glasses while your there?? I know I sure do! They even have a neat feature where you can upload a picture of yourself and try the glasses on yourself to see how they look! LOVE IT!! 

I almost forgot if you pay a little extra they will make them into transition lenses or you can also just have them make some tinted for you and have a really cute pair of prescription sunglasses without paying designer prices!!!


Here is the link for the website, it's called Zenni Optical...

Here are some samples of some of their really cute women's glasses:





Thanks for reading and remember there is nothing wrong with being on a budget as long as you do it Fabulously!

A~

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! My daughter needs new glasses (again) as well. My insurance covers up to $140.00 on frames, but her eye doctor has the WORST selection of frames in that price range. So she has been walking around half blind until we found her some frames that aren't meant for an 80 year old woman. I am so buying her a couple pairs tonight!

    Maleeka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Ur welcome, I want to see pics when you get them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite pair are from that site! Thanks to you (wink, wink)! I get more compliments on those ones than the super expensive designer ones I have! And you know I am addicted to buying frames/prescript sunglasses! Needless to say, Great Find! Love that site!

    ReplyDelete